Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
Tamarind-small berry sized
Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the slitted green chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry them until they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric powder and garlic and fry them for a few more seconds.
- Transfer the fried ingredients into a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until the oil separates and add tamarind.
- Fry for a few seconds and turn off the stove.
- Let them cool and transfer all the fried ingredients into a mixer jar.
- Add salt and grind into a coarse paste by using little water if necessary.
- If you use mortar and pestle to grind the chutney, the chutney will tastes nicer.
- Serve with hot rice or kichidi or dosa.